Hello To All,
My name is Vimal. I am currently doing my diploma in Game Design at Republic Polytechnic, Singapore. I am very much interested in adding sound and music into games. This is because; both sound and music are important elements in games as they too add a form of interest and addiction to the players of a game. The purpose of this blog will be to show the process of my learning skills of how I will be acquiring the skills in sound recording, creating, editing and composing and how I will be implying them into games. I invite anyone to add constructive comments and give me useful tips in which I can use them for both my learning process and games to come.
Enjoy Your Stay. God Bless :)
cool tracks there dude..was interesting to see the adventure of composition there..gd luck ;)
ReplyDeleteHey Vimal. Nice blog layout. Perhaps the colour and fonts could be made simpler for people to read. Maybe additions to the banner like your group designs would give and identity for yourself.
ReplyDeleteOveral; music is important. Even for our daily lives. Perhaps looking at movies and how their sound track is played along with a scene is used. Such things can be learned and you can use them.
All the best for you :D
all de best buddy...do a great job ahead..im ancious to c ur upcumin composition....all de best!!!
ReplyDeleteVimal
ReplyDeleteI honestly feel that it would benefit you if you were to brush up on your language skills, especially if you intend to use your personal blog for your PD. I hope you do understand that written English is majorly different from spoken English.
Regarding your history section, I believe it would be easier to maintain the reader's attention if you could categorise your paragraphs according to the specific equipments. You can also use point forms for the specs of the equipments.
As for my journey section, I feel that you need not repeat yourself twice over. Perhaps it might have been an error or a mistype? I also feel that it would do good to be more reflective on your experiences as it will give the impression that you will learn from future experiences/events.
For moving on and trying other avenues to getting more involved section, I fear that I am unable to give much comments as I am not well versed in the area of music. But I have realised that some music pieces were authentic, while there were some that did not match the theme.
Finally, the final section, I honestly feel that the music piece is not related to your given theme. There is no feel of tragedy and I am sure you know, for a music piece to be successful it must be able to convey the emotions weaved within it. You may want to consult your friends who are well versed in music to help you in this area.
Overall, I felt that you have expanded your creativity in a good way but there are areas for improvement.
All the best for you PD
Caleb
Hey Vimal, nice work you have here. From the history right to the music, I could feel that you have put in a lot of work and time into it.
ReplyDeleteAll the best for your future composition!! :D
Hi Vimal
ReplyDeleteGreat documentation of your process of finding out more about music. Time and effort have been put in greatly. I guess you have learnt many things that you were unaware of before embarking on this project. I hope you carry and build on this knowledge in future.
Just some minor details to note; Perhaps you could visually enhance this blog by putting up some pictures and changing the font, font size and colour. I noticed there was a repetition somewhere. Just take note of it. Other than that, great work and all the best Vimal!